Area Search Hosting Information
If you or your team is interested in being evaluated in your area, below is a list of area and equipment requirements needed for a successful evaluation.
- Light/medium brush, woods and open
- Evaluator shall have access to all sites the day before the test
- Provide Evaluator with map and coordinates prior to testing event and provide test taker with copy of map at time of test
- Same site may be used a maximum of two (2) times in a given day and may be used two (2) times, again, the following day
- If handler testing multiple K-9's, a completely new site is required for each additional K-9
- If two (2) Evaluators are testing in a given day, a separate site is required for each Evaluator - preferably not side by side
- Recommend hard boundaries (creek, road, power lines, etc.) as site boundaries, but not mandatory
- Hosting Team will provide the appropriate number of subjects for each test
- May use same subjects for multiple tests; no family or team members
- Evaluator expenses to be paid by hosting team unless NSDA grant funds are available. Contact NSDA Testing Coordinator regarding NSDA grant fund availability.
HANDLER PREREQUISITE DOCUMENTS
- Evaluator may request handler paperwork to be mailed or scanned and e-mailed to Evaluator prior to test event
- Radios for Evaluator and each subject
- Sterile gauze pad and zip lock bag for Scent Specific test